POSITION: Part-Time Security Guard
SMG has an immediate opening for Part-Time Security Professional at the SMG / Raising Cane’s River Center in Baton Rouge, LA. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a stable position with a flexible schedule.
The position works in our operations / security department and is responsible for administering the policies and procedures in place to protect employees, vendors, and the general public. The position is part of a team that maintains the 24-hour facility entrance used by all employees and vendors.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Patrols an assigned area and/or stands a fixed post.
- Monitors in house camera system and reports any findings.
- Performs safety and security checks of buildings and grounds.
- Checks identifications and authorization for entry on the property.
- Logs incident reports as required.
- Provides escorts to in house staff when required.
- Participates in investigations relevant to incidents within an assigned area.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license or State of Louisiana ID at time of appointment.
- Must be able to work various shifts; Includes nights, 7 days a week.
- 1- Year security or law enforcement experience preferred.
SMG, a world leader in venue management, marketing and development, began at the historic Mercedes-Benz Superdome in 1977. SMG provides management services to more than 220 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theatres, performing arts centers, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor