- Summary: This position is responsible for providing a high quality catering service for banquets and receptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Be at work and in proper uniform according to the scheduled time.
- Follow instructions for each event as given by the Catering Manager and/or Banquet Captain.
- Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Assist with preparing garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads.
- Assist with cleaning and filling salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assist with preparation and set-up of event room when requested.
- Prepare tables with place settings as instructed by the Catering Manager and/or Banquet Captain.
- Attend pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Remain at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
- Will report any customer concerns and/or complaints to Banquet Captain or Catering Manager.
- Break down tables and equipment after each event, clean and return serving pieces to proper storage area.
- Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
- Abide by and maintain established accurate inventory control procedures at all times.
- Follow all rules and regulations in the SMG/SAVOR Safe Alcohol Management Program.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must have a commanding and demonstrative understanding and knowledge of all of the above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees, guests and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment with the ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and remain flexible to adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have minimum of 1 year verifiable experience as a server.
- Must be ServSafe certified and able to obtain a City/Parish Responsible Server Bar Card within 30 days of employment.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center