POSITION: Sales and Marketing Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
Primary responsibility is to assist the Sales & Marketing team in the promotion of the venues and all events at the SMG-Managed Complex. This position plays an integral part in creating and maintaining a vibrant, current and exiting social media identity for the River Center. This includes, but is not limited to a variety of administrative duties, social media, email marketing, and the creation of ads and venue collateral.
- Coordinates efforts and works with Sales and Marketing department to update all social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, both to promote events and inform the public of facility news.
- Assists with generating email marketing reports in Ticketmaster Messenger.
- Assists with tracking traffic for all marketing campaigns and online assets in Ticketmaster One.
- Responsible for identifying significant events and arranging for photography & video for inclusion in media library.
- Assists with monitoring of media coverage regarding our facilities and providing weekly reports.
- Tracks convention sales leads and inputs into SMG Booking system.
- Regularly maintains competition rates and contacts in the hospitality industry.
- Assists in creating and implementing grassroots marketing to increase ticket sales for events at all venues.
- Assists with updating Sales and Marketing department calendars with upcoming ticketed events.
- Assists with updating event graphics.
- Assists with the creation of web banners for upcoming shows at the SMG-Managed Complex.
- Assists with updating restroom advertising.
- Writing copy for various marketing collateral, quarterly and annual reports and E-newsletters.
- Marketing efforts could include, but are not limited to: creation of sales collateral, presentations, direct mail, email campaigns, website updates, proofreading, advertising, social media marketing, assisting with sales and marketing research, annual golf tournament and events.
- Routinely update and create sales PowerPoints and all related sales collateral.
- Maintain stock of all venue promotional client gift items and printed sales collateral.
- Special projects as assigned – i.e. ordering and delivering client gifts, holiday cards.
- Share in the responsibilities of coordinating and executing company hosted events.
- Prepares and submits expense reports as requested.
Other administrative duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated Photoshop and/or InDesign Experience
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task with ease
- Ability to physically move around the facility
- Must pass background check & drug screen
Education and/or work experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications preferred.
- A minimum of one year of administrative, marketing or communications experience preferred.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include: feel and reach with hands and arms, substantial walking and stooping, ability to walk up and down flights of stairs, lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor